mercoledì 1 febbraio 2012

Smiling is priceless!




Hello girls!
Today I wanted to talk to you about some ways to get back up when you're feeling down.
It may be this bad and cold weather that affects me, but I am so moody these days!
So I was thinking about some ways that usually work to boost my morale and I came up with the following:

  • I listen to a lot (really a lot) of music. I usually begin with sad songs like for example "Someone like you" by Adele, and since I love music a lot I just can't resist its charm and get really involved in the songs I listen to - as if I am in a musical. Therefore I go on to listen to more cheerful songs that are like a balm for me.
  • I watch romantic comedies - somehow they really help me out! I love romantic comedies and this might actually seem strange since I don't really sound like a romance-fanatic... but here it is, the ugly truth! All women have a romantic vein inside them (don't deny it!)
  • I read. Perhaps you are thinking this is a ''taken for granted'' remedy because books are amazing in grabbing your attention. However I didn't mean ''I read'' as ''I normally read 20 or 30 pages'' but ''I read like a maniac and I am able to complete a book like Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows in two days''. While reading a book my mind is completely involved in what I read and it pictures every single setting and character as if I am part of the story as well.
  • I go out with my best friends, the ones that never fail in boosting my morale and making me smile.
  • I go shopping. I can surely state that this one is the most successful thing in my list. Going shopping - it doesn't even matter with who you go - is a real soul medicine for me and it does me the world of good every single time.

Now, for every girl who doesn't have a ''routine'' for those sad days, here are some motivational quotes. But remember: the best way to get back to earth when you're feeling sooo down is to smile, even if you don't feel like it in those awkward moments. Smiling helps you get through bad moments, and ''A smile is a curve that sets everything straight'' (cit. Phyllis Diller).

  • “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” (Howard Thurman)

  • “How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours.” (Wayne Dyer)


  • “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” (Steve Jobs)

  • "Confidence is contagious." (Vince Lombardi)

  • “There is a time to go ahead and a time to stay behind. There is a time to breathe easy and time to breathe hard. There is a time to be vigorous and a time to be gentle. There is a time to gather and a time to release. Can you see things as they are And let them be all on their own?” (Lao Tzu)


  • "The world always looks brighter from behind a smile" (Anonymus)

  • "The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief."  (William Shakespeare, Othello)

  • "Always remember to be happy because you never know who's falling in love with your smile."  (Anonymus)

    What are your little remedies to contrast those grey bad days when you feel down??


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento